today is a good day for a number of things:
1. i find out my test results (not AIDS) today! to make sure i "officially" passed so i can become a substitute teacher. it's called the CBEST. i have to wait until 5 p.m. which should work out nicely because that's when JJ gets home so he can endure the crazy when i find out i passed.
2. i'm going to make marinara sauce today (!!!) i promised JJ i would make it like in August, so now that i'm an unemployed loser and finally have TIME, i thought today would be a good day.
3. it's raining here. finally the hideous heat has subsided.
4. i have THREE shows to watch on hulu.com today. grey's anatomy and the office and desperate housewives. nice little lineup if you ask me.
5. i am going to take a shower.
6. i changed my underwear and t-shirt. this is crucial because i don't know if i already told you, but a couple weeks ago i looked down at myself and realized i had been wearing a t-shirt that says "spokanistan" on it for three straight days. and also even more embarrassing, i had been wearing the same giant hanes striped panties for the same three days. i quickly jumped out of bed and started a load of laundry. first i washed my t-shirt and my underwear. then the sheets. i mean, i blame JJ. that is his job to tell me when I HAVE COMPLETELY LOST IT. and he failed to do so. Not O.K.
7. i have a new friend (!!!!) JJ's boss' wife. she is adorbs and she invited me to go to the Nordstrom (it's 30 minutes away) with her on Sunday. tra la! only i'm so broke. BUT I'M GOING. and i may buy myself a teensy little prize for passing the CBEST.
8. i had a granola bar and a banana for breakfast. it's the first time i haven't started my day with the nutritious meal of skittles in two weeks.
9. i have it all planned out now. i am going to dress up all professional-like and pop into the school districts in Rancho Cucamongross to see who is looking for substitutes. isn't that totally brill?
10. did i tell you guys i'm writing a "book" ?? yes, it's true. since i knew i would be unemployed for the whole of November, i joined this thing called NaNoWriMo National Novel Writing Month. basically you write 50,000 words in a month. that's 1,667 words a day. and i have actually been doing it. the "book" is an american anthology of sorts...an american alphabet according to L. for instance, A is for Ass. and then i tell stories basically about myself and the asses in my life. and so on. so even though my days are empty and spent chatting with Cleo about the weather and watching this video ten times a day:
(omg this Lanvin line. could you die????), i still feel productive enough to write 1,667 words about myself.
good job, self.