Wednesday, November 30, 2011
can't see the line can ya Russ?
i realize that i have been gone far too long. but living at my parents' house out of the same suitcase i packed for myself in the cucamongross a month ago isn't exactly conducive to creative outfit ideas. we are about a week and a half away from moving into our very own little house. so close! (JJ said Chanel couldn't come unless i bought him a comfortable chair to watch tv in. so rude. she's coming anyway and i haven't gotten him a chair). the closing date is december 8 and then the workmen are going in to tear up the carpet and refurbish the hardwood floors. THEN we get to move in. i told JJ the first box we are opening is the Christmas box. the tree goes up first. then we can unpack everything else. soon after we move in, we head back down to CA for christmas with JJ's family. then the day after christmas i go to Hawaii with my family and JJ heads back to Seattle. (he can't come to Hawaii this year and it is so SO sad. he has to work). so december is quite the full month for us. it will go by in a flash.
ANYWAY, exciting things:
1. we bought a washer and a dryer and a fridge on black friday. that is the most we have ever bought on black friday. and sears was so gross. so many people hovering over appliances with greedy smiles, like rats staking claim over pieces of cheese.
2. i am 75% done with christmas shopping. only 3 more people on my list. YES! yesterday i was on hour 2 of 3 in my shopping extravaganza when i suddenly felt quite ill. really lightheaded and hot and sweaty like i had had my bloodwork done. i had to sit on the ground in the tj maxx and put my head between my legs. and people walked by like it was completely normal. and nobody asked if i was ok. NOBODY. it was so rude. one man even stepped over me to get a better look at the knitted hats. i mean, if i saw someone sitting on the floor with their head between their legs i would say "are you ok?! can i get you anything?!" and pat them on the back and say "there, there." but i guess i'm just nice like that.
3. my mom, sister MM and i have taken a liking to the horribly cheesy hallmark christmas movies. we watch one every night. and we like to predict what is going to happen in the end. "oh i totally know that santa is going to get his memory back when he sees that picture of mrs. claus...OH! that girl totally asked for a little brother for christmas 10 years ago and when the little brother finds out there's going to be a heartfelt moment..." it's so fun.
4. i ordered a return address stamp for our new address! this is by far the most exciting thing. because we are going to live there for a while. we won't be moving in a year. so i bought a nice stamp. a real rubber one with hand calligraphy.
5. i've taken quite a liking to mandarin oranges lately. like a serious obsession. like 4 a day. they are just so delicious and orange-y.
6. i skipped out on the victoria's secret fashion show this year. wasn't in the mood for all those tall skinny bitches with their perfect lives and crystal thongs to taunt me.