pants: Michael Kors, top: Panache, shoes: Jessica Simpson, sunglasses: Gucci
wahhhh! back to Cucamongross. it was a whirlwind of a weekend, but i had a blast! in the Seattle airport on friday i had a long layover so i went to Anthony's and got fish tacos and two big glasses of wine and enjoyed them in a booth to myself. it was delightful. i got in really late and my mom and CA picked me up. we went home and chatted with sister MM and cousin Noni. then i got a text from my mom that said "SHHH!" i guess we were being a little bit loud he he oops.
saturday morning we went to MM's fastpitch game. then it was errands. endless errands i had to run for M's shower and bachelorette party. i stopped for a McD's frozen lemonade (third best decision of my life behind switching to kotex tampons and marrying JJ) i WILL be getting these on a weekly basis now...and then ran more errands. then i went to a party for KitKat's husband. he graduated medical school! then it was home to prepare for the bachelorette party. the girls got to my parents' house at 8 and the fun began! my parents and grandparents were there to enjoy the raunchy penile paraphernalia which was a little bit awkward but also hilarious. then MM and her best friend drove the bach bunch all around town. we got home at 2:00 a.m. success. notable moments:
- Mimi shouting "pecker down!" when my penis straw fell out of my glass
- the "naughty bands." like the popular children's "silly bands" but instead of being in the shape of barnyard animals or spongebob, the "naughty bands" were shaped as weiners an butt plugs and sex positions. they were a riot. good gift, Schurm!
- M getting called on stage.
- C Hutch's toe bursting open on the dance floor and bleeding everywhere
- blow job shots. washington apple shots. porn star shots. jolly rancher shots. tequila shots.
- the pregnant bar tender
- my nipple chaffage (my dress was NOT made of cashmere. it rubbed against my poor ladies all night long. the next morning all i wanted was to lay topless on my back with vasaline rubbed on them).
- the grandma nightgown given to M by her fiance's sister Al. LOL
- cousin A getting hit on by Selah townie men.
- Al getting hit on by Yakima townie women.
- BreeMae pointing out the amount of times the penis straws were dropped on the ground and then put back in the drunken bachelorette's mouth. yummy.
- R Fick never leaving the dance floor.
- meeting up with M's fiance CP at the last bar.
- our friends' band playing a song for M and CP. one last dance before going home!
left to right: C Hutch, R Fick, cousin A, M, me, BreeMae, Schurm, Al (i look like a midget. i'm not. my sister is 5'10" in heels and BreeMae is 6'1")
M had a blast and so did the rest of us. we conked out and awoke a bit lackluster the next morning to get ready for the shower!
the spread! Mimi made spinach, watermelon, strawberry and goat cheese salad, and i made quiche! i really did! and it was good, people loved it! the banner says Mrs. Powell (M's new name)
we played the game where the groom answered questions and M had to guess what his answers were...for every question she got wrong, she had to chew a piece of double bubble! hehee that was her wad by the end.
it was lovely! then it was home for a power nap and off to Sam's law school graduation party where KKISS SHOWED UP AND ALL THE FAB5 WERE TOGETHER! it was a wonderful surprise. and we are the best friends because we bought Sam an engraved Tiffany keyring. KitKat had to leave with her husband early...they had to go home and finish packing because they are moving to Pennsylvania. the fab5 huddled and cried as we said goodbye to our redheaded team member. that makes 3 of us in Seattle, 1 in California and 1 in Pennsylvania. it's a good thing we are the best of friends and stay in touch. separating is hard for us. and i may just burst into tears just thinking about KitKat's move to the east coast, so on to something else!
sunday night it was just the six of us original family members. it hasn't been just us in a long time. we played games and chatted and spent time together, it was so wonderful. i miss them. then on monday we went to visit Grandma, had a family meeting to discuss M's wedding plans, and Dad and i had a barbecue. we cooked for everyone! then it was time to visit Pappy in the hospital and to the airport where i cried because i had to leave home. Nel was visiting her home in Washington this weekend too, so we met up in Seattle and had some more Anthony's and watched 16 and pregnant on her ipad until we got back to the Cucamongross.
JJ and Cleo picked me up and we all headed back to the apartment. and today it was back to real life. i woke up late, forgot my breakfast and ate nothing but a cookie all day. i made cous cous for my husband for dinner and took it to him at work and now i'm snuggling with one cute pup in bed. i'm calling in early tonight.
i hope your memorial day weekend was as eventful as mine.