Thursday, March 14, 2013
what's inside my brain
1. this little hipster baby (pictured above)
2. JJ went to Vegas last weekend and left us gals to fend for ourselves. so obviously we went to my parents' house and spent our time eating far too many Easter Cakes. JJ won some ca$h betting on a few sports teams and i'm trying to explain that it's only fair that since he got to go on a boys trip, i should get to buy a new swimsuit with his winnings, amiright?
3. Pope Watch 2013 was fabulous, no? i had a gaggle of friends texting me about the surprising thrill of anticipation they felt while watching. like a real reality TV show! also, he is a Jesuit. go zags. (speaking of, JJ hung up a giant Gonzaga flag from our house--right over Gemma's bedroom window to be exact. every time it blows in the wind i momentarily panic, thinking it's a strange man trying to steal my baby.
4. GEMMIE SAID HER FIRST WORD! quack. which sometimes sounds like "cock" but that's neither here nor there. it's soooo cute! we say "GEMMA! what does a duckie say?" and she replies "quack quack quack" and smiles and giggles and is so pleased with herself.
5. G refuses to eat fruit. but yesterday i watched her put a rock in her mouth.
6. this. book. you guys go read it RIGHT NOW. it is absolutely beautiful. such a heart-wrenching story about humanity. it's one of those rare finds that are impossible to put down--and you never want it to end.
7. how often do you wash your sheets? for reals. i read somewhere that Oprah has hers changed every third day. WHAAAA?! so seriously. what's a reasonable timeline for cleaning the linens?
8. i really am in love with my chewbeads necklace. it's a toy for Gemcake and her growing teeth as well as an adorable statement piece.
9. my Mimi called me last week and said, "do you know what i want for my birthday? you and Gemma." and so she granted her own wish! she bought us plane tickets. which means me and my fave little baby girlfriend are headed to HAWAII NEXT MONTH! (Mimi and Papa live in Hawaii for half of the year) we are so excited! we danced around and jumped and got real excited. then i remembered that the plane ride is 6 hours. and YOU GUYS I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA DO FOR SIX HOURS ON A PLANE WITH GEMMONSTER.
10. this photo of me and Gemmaroonie: