JJ is 27! that old, old man! we had a fabulous day celebrating our favorite person in the whole wide worrrrrrrrld! i thought i would compile a list of the things a gal should do to make her husband's birthday a special one:
1. make sugar cookies and display them on the cake plates received as a wedding gift nearly four years ago that have never been used.
2. buy him clothes that you want him to wear. wrap them up.
3. blow up 15 green balloons and almost pass out.
4. try and keep 11-month-old baby from chewing on said balloons.
5. buy all the miniature sporting sets in the deceptive target "dollar aisle" that were actually $3.
6. arrange all of the things like this:
7. take delight in the fact that G has learned a new word: "BAAAAA!" (which is ball or balloon and is said in a very scratchy smoker's voice)
8. dress the baby up in his favorite hockey team's (that you could give a hoot less about) gear:
9. slap the birthday man in the face with one of those giant sticky hands (not pictured) and laugh ass off because really it's THAT FUNNY. repeat. repeat. repeat. repeat. repeat until the birthday man yells at you to "knock it off before he slaps you back with his real hand" and then repeat ONCE MORE just to be annoying (the picture shows JJ about 4 slaps in. he pretended to be sad. which only made me laugh harder).
10. cook the birthday boy's favorite dinner (which, lucky for me, was takeout thai food).