10 things that have happened. mostly Gemma things.
1. we planted flowers! (and by "we," i clearly mean JJ and my dad) L's secret garden 2014! (sexual innuendo pun definitely intended) that gorgeous flower is a peony! i got a peony TREE. they exist. and they grow 6-8 feet tall. i'm so excited! i also got two tomato plants. everything else JJ and my dad picked out. boring stuff like begonias and shit.
2. Gemsie Bear went on her last free-as-a-lap-infant flight. bittersweet. she's so grown up! it will be great to have her very own seat for future flights. not so great to have to pay for her very own seat. and what a lucky girl she was: we got bumped to first class on her last free flight! it was quite fun. we acted like we belonged there and everything.
3. G fed an alpaca a carrot while wearing a tutu. it's not everyday you get to do that, you know.
4. shut up Cleo. at JJ's parents' house, my dumb dog kept perching on that cart.
5. Gemma learned how to instagram. she almost posted this artsy shot of her sandaled feet.
6. Gemma had her first Taco Bell! in Hawaii! don't worry, i didn't feed her grade F meat! barf. i got her a cheese roll-up. which, by the way, she garbled down so fast. she was still hungry...and since we were at a food court...i got her McDonald's fries. hahahhaahahaa my Mom and JJ almost had heart attacks when i sent them this picture. c'mon you guys, the kid's gotta live a little!
8. JJ's parents' dog Zoe and Gemma had a tug-of-war with JJ's mom's bra.
8. G floated away on a chalk balloon.
10. we popped into the Aulani Resort in Hawaii for brunch (Disney magic WHENEVER and WHEREVER. i'll take it!) and Gemma spotted Goofy from a mile away. she gasped and said "OH GOOFY!" and ran right into his crotch for a nice long, awkward embrace.