1. probably the sweetest and most wonderful thing i have ever seen in my life was yesterday when Gemma wanted Daddy to be a princess. so he sat patiently while she put a crown, earrings, bracelets, a ring and evening gloves on him. he also plays hockey outside with her and dances with her and chases the dog around the house with her. i love that he lets her be exactly who she wants to be. he wins at being a dad. he reallllllly does!
2. this new necklace! (from Secret Sky). my wardrobe currently consists of 3 black and 4 grey tshirts. so boring i could die. but whatevs, they're comfy! i just got this necklace that matches all of my shirts, though, and spices up the ol' bump quite nicely. the perfect blend of trendy and bohemian! the website is awesome because you can order whatever pieces you want, try them at home with your own clothes and send what you don't want back. and they charge you for what you keep. TOTALLY COOL.
3. i always do my own nails. and i like to call attention to the fact that i do my own nails. it makes me feel thrifty, and like JJ should be proud of me for not being high maintenance. but you guys, i got my first gel manicure and HOLY SHIT i may have to throw that thriftiness out the window because omg is it great. GREAT. i'm on day 3 and not even a HINT of chipping. they look as perfect as they did when i left the salon. it's a miracle!
4. i want to forever and ever remember the way Gemma says "pock-kiss-el" and "coo-cock" (popsicle and peacock). toddler talk is the absolute BEST.
5. i've mentioned this before, but if you haven't read Wonder, do yourself a favor and add it to your summer reading list. actually, if you only ever read one book in your LIFE, read this book. it changed my life and touched my heart in a way that no other book has ever done. its main message is that kindness is the only thing that really truly matters.
6. the pregnancy pillow my parents got me for mother's day has been completely life-changing. like i literally do not know HOW IN THE HELL i survived my last pregnancy without it. JJ calls it my boyfriend. it's a miracle that it actually fits into our small bed with us, but it does! it's 100% pure perfection. i sleep like a real queen now, and G loves it too!
7. re: baby names. i suggest a name, JJ shuts it down. it's very annoying.
8. JJ got a Nike fuelband for his birthday and it's really effin sweet. mostly because it says JUST DO IT JEREMY to him everyday. i mean, that kind of motivation, RIGHT THERE ON YOUR WRIST is the greatest kind of motivation i've ever heard of. also it measures movement, not steps. and now i kind of want one too. and one for Gemma. because she would MAX THAT SHIT OUT every single day.
9. Gemma got a pack of new undies yesterday, so i've tried to start many discussions about how she can only wear them if she starts going in the big girl potty. she interrupts me every single time and shouts "NEW PANTIES MAMA! BOO-BERRIES!" (the undies have fruit on them) into my face. #notready
10. YOU GUYS. LOOK AT THIS DELIGHTFULLY CHEERY SUMMER DOORMAT FROM TARGET. YOU NEED ONE TOO.