2. i have issued a strict no-pants policy for myself around here. just, no. NO MORE PANTS. dresses when i'm in public...and at home, i just close the blinds.
3. speaking of no pants, have i talked about my nightshirt yet? i can't remember. and i'm too lazy to go and check. in any case, i have this nightshirt. those closest to me know alllll about my nightshirt. i picked it up on clearance at Target and i'm 100% obsessed with it. it's big and loose and periwinkle in color and also it has a little charming breast pocket. it makes me look like a glorious little old lady and it's so RIDICULOUSLY comfortable! i wear it to bed for two nights in a row, and then i immediately wash it on that second morning so that it's ready to wear to bed that night.
4. do you have Nextdoor? basically i hate it because it alerts me of any and all break-ins within my neighborhood which in turn makes me dream of night abductors. BUT, occasionally i get emails like this that make me laugh so hard:
5. right before we left for a road trip on Friday, i said to JJ, "JJ! i am making sandwiches for the road! do you want one?" and he said, "no, i'm not hungry." so i made myself and Gemma sandwiches, and we ate them in the car. and then an hour later SOMEONE said, "OMG L I'M SO HUNGRY!" (naturally) and so he got himself a burrito bowl from Chipotle. and i was so pissed because I WANTED CHIPOTLE TOO, only i was full from my recently-eaten sandwich. why was i the one punished because i was responsible?!?!?!? so i narrowed my eyes and watched him eat his delicious meal. what a turd!
also Cleo is hilar in this pic. standing guard over the Chipotle bowl.
6. "GET THAT POPCORN OUT OF YOUR PANTIES!" add that to the list of things i never thought i would ever have to say.
7. we went to the Washington coast (Westport) last weekend with our friends who have a cabin there, and we just had the best time. we are so grateful for this family who have been navigating this parenting journey with us, and who just get where we are in life because they're right in the same spot as we are. we love you, Lipes!
these two little girls and their Dads!!
8. can't take a poop in peace anymore. alllllllways have a poop buddy. always.
yes. yes, that is my periwinkle nightshirt that i am wearing.
9. Gemma doesn't understand why we can't see the Space Needle from our house. SORRY WE CAN'T PROVIDE YOU WITH THAT TOP NOTCH VIEW FROM THE LIVING ROOM WINDOW, CHILD! GHODDDDD.
10. if you like to laugh and are not easily offended, you need NEED NEED to follow thefatjewish on instagram. my cousin told me about his absolutely hilarious feed, and now i'm sharing the hilarity with you. take it and go. GO FOLLOW HIM NOW.
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG. THIS ONE JUST GETS ME EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.