i've got some random shit in my brain this fine afternoon, so i thought it would be nice and vain of me if i popped (hahhaa i just typed "pooped" on accident) in and let you all know what exactly that random shit is.
2. can someone please tell me why all of the employees at PetSmart have blue hair (like legit blue, not old person blue) and face piercings?? this trend is making me feel seriously out of the loop.
3. do you know where my son sleeps at night? he sleeps in the kitchen. we sleep trained him at 6 months and then he got sick and i let him nurse 48x/night and then we sort of let the sleep training go. he is such a happy-go-lucky guy that his lack of sleeping through the night didn't bother me. now he's nearly 9 months old and i'm tired, dammit. we are currently on night 5 of him sleeping from 7pm-6am, but Gemma sleeps from 8pm-7am and really enjoys waking him up at night when she gets into bed (coughing loudly, scream singing and kicking the wall are her favorite forms of night assholery). in the morning when he wakes up, Beau sighs heavily and yells "DAAAAAAAAA! BAAAAAA! MAMAMAMAMAAAAA!" until Gemma grumpily says, "BEAU. just. be. quiet. GO BACK TO SLEEP." and Beau laughs. justice! an eye for an eye. anyway, the kids sharing a room has come with its challenges. i know it has been wonderful for many families, so i remain hopeful. plus it really is cute when they are in there together talking to each other. warms a mother's heart.
4. i am ALL about baked zucchini lately. i'm going to give you my extremely complicated recipe: i slice it thinly, spread the slices on a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, top with salt, pepper and a sprinkle of parmesan. bake at 350 for 30 minutes, and OHMYGOD they're practically like potato chips!
5. Cleo had a portrait session. the likeness is incredible, isn't it? i missed my calling as a chalk artist.
6. Gemma is obsessed with Kinetic Sand. it keeps her entertained for 40 minutes at a time. the only other thing that keeps her occupied that long is TV. also, that is Elsa dress #3. -__-
8. nothing depicts childhood quite like a collection of dirty band-aids covering a 3-year-old's legs after eating shit at the playground.
9. old man Hansen is at it again with his flowers this summer. he's been feeding them miracle grow and takes pictures of the growth every week. he has more photos of petunias in his phone than his own children. if you happen to come over to our house this summer, do me a solid and mention the beautiful flowers. the only thing JJ loves more than the flowers is people commenting on the flowers.
10. 5 p.m. everyday: